Restaurant : Sher-e-Punjab
Address : La Pinta y Juan León Mera, esquina, Juan León Mera, Quito, Ecuador
If you happen to be in Quito and you have a realisation that you are starving and there is no way out but to feed the hungry dogs barking endlessly in the big hollow pit(some people prefer to call it a Stomach), I say that there is only one perfect place to go.
I had heard about this amazing Indian restaurant(the only Indian restaurant in Ecuador worth calling a proper ‘DESI ‘ one),called Sher-e-Punjab,and we had been told that the food was great. Specially if you like spicy food, this is the place to go.
Authentic Indian platters served to make your taste buds drool. So,we decided to try this famous place and have a hearty lunch there. Super excited we reached and ordered a whole lot of food which included:
– Chicken Tikka Mughlai- 6 pcs (Pieces of tender boneless chicken marinated in a blend of dry, Indian Spices and yogurt. Cooked in charcoal tandoor. Served with mint chutney and fresh salad.)
2) Main Course:
– Daal Makhani (Lentils seasoned in butter, onions, tomatoes, aromatic spices and herbs.)
– Chicken Kadhai(Boneless chicken with sauteed vegetables and curry. Level of Spiciness can be told to the waiter at the time of ordering). Accompanied usually by rice or 2 plain Naans.
– 2 extra butter garlic Naans.(Type of an Indian bread)
– Gulab Jamun(Indian specialty) – 2 pcs.
|FACTORS||SCORE(Out of 10)|
|Value for Money||9|
To know whats more on the menu check out the link:
We gorged on the food with equal if not more enthusiasm as at the time of ordering this much quantity of food.Not to mention, chatting away with the owner and waiters in your own country’s language has it’s own charm all together. All in all: Highly recommended.
Know more from their Website : http://www.sherepunjabec.com/
Read more about Quito in my other blogs:
1)About Quito: Paradise between Volcanoes- Day 1
2)About Quito: Paradise between Volcanoes- Day 2
3)Hotel Posada Tambuca,Quito: Reasonable and Comfortable
4)The Magic Bean Restaurant, Quito: Relish every BITE.
5)About Quito: Paradise between Volcanoes- Day 3
You can also refer to these other articles which I found helpful while looking for an ideal place to eat while in this town:
Keep reading for more reviews and comments from my side.